Looks like Indonesian and Philippine fans of the live-action Gintama film will be getting a little delay or a little bump up in their respective screenings.
Philippine distributor Pioneer Films and Indonesian cinema chain CGV have announced last week that they are moving the official opening dates of the live-action Gintama film in their respective countries.
For the Philippines, you’ll be getting the movie one week earlier with the date moved to 23 August ( the original date being 30 August) and Indonesia will be getting the movie opening on the same day, but with a three-week delay from its original 3 August opening.
The film itself opened in Japan on 14 July, surpassing over 2 billion yen in earnings since last Friday.
As for the cast, we have Shun Oguri as Gintoki Sakata, Masaki Suda as Shinpachi Shimura and Kanna Hashimoto as Kagura, with the rest of the cast viewable below:
- Masami Nagasawa as Tae Shimura
- Tsuyoshi Muro as Gengai Hiraga
- Yuuya Yagira as Toshiro Hijikata
- Ryo Yoshizawa as Sougo Okita
- Kankuro Nakamura VI as Isao Kondo
- Hirofumi Arai as Nizo Okada
- Jiro Sato as Henpeita Takechi
- Nanao as Matako Kijima
- Ken Yasuda as Tetsuya Murata
- Akari Hayami as Tetsuko Kurata
- Tsuyoshi Domoto as Shinsuke Takasugi
Thankfully it’s not too long of a wait, so hang tight and hope there’s no more changes in date!