A new trailer has dropped for the live-action adaptation of Gintama, which is set to hit the screens in just three months. Check it out here.
Previously they had revealed a whole slew of character posters and the like, along with another short teaser earlier earlier this year, but this one has brand new footage.
For those not in the know, Gintama is set in an alternate reality Edo period where earth was conquered by aliens. The story centers around samurai Gintoki Sakata, a freelancer who does odd-jobs to pay the rent, all the while getting into all sorts of schenanigans alongside his friends Shinpachi Shimura and Kagura.
As for the case, we have Shun Oguri as Gintoki Sakata, Masaki Suda as Shinpachi Shimura and Kanna Hashimoto as Kagura, with the rest of the cast viewable below:
- Masami Nagasawa as Tae Shimura
- Tsuyoshi Muro as Gengai Hiraga
- Yuuya Yagira as Toshiro Hijikata
- Ryo Yoshizawa as Sougo Okita
- Kankuro Nakamura VI as Isao Kondo
- Hirofumi Arai as Nizo Okada
- Jiro Sato as Henpeita Takechi
- Nanao as Matako Kijima
- Ken Yasuda as Tetsuya Murata
- Akari Hayami as Tetsuko Kurata
- Tsuyoshi Domoto as Shinsuke Takasugi
The Gintama film will be opening 14 July in Japan. While you wait, maybe check out our list of 10 anime/manga movie live-action adaptations that are heading our way this year!.
Also special thanks to our reader Joemar Pelegrino for the tip!