We’ve just been treated to some brand new images for the live-action Gintama film, straight off of the show’s official Twitter account.
The new images show off three members of the Shinsengumi, Isao Kondo, Toshiro Hijikata and Sougo Okita; who are essentially members of a special police force under the shogunate.
Here is how they appear in the anime:
And here are the new posters:
Three other characters were previously revealed in full costume, namely Shun Oguri as Gintoki Sakata, Masaki Suda as Shinpachi Shimura and Kanna Hashimoto as Kagura, with the rest of the cast viewable below:
- Masami Nagasawa as Tae Shimura
- Tsuyoshi Muro as Gengai Hiraga
- Yuuya Yagira as Toshiro Hijikata
- Ryo Yoshizawa as Sougo Okita
- Kankuro Nakamura VI as Isao Kondo
- Hirofumi Arai as Nizo Okada
- Jiro Sato as Henpeita Takechi
- Nanao as Matako Kijima
- Ken Yasuda as Tetsuya Murata
- Akari Hayami as Tetsuko Kurata
- Tsuyoshi Domoto as Shinsuke Takasugi
The Gintama film will be opening 14 July in Japan. While you wait, maybe check out our list of 10 anime/manga movie live-action adaptations that are heading our way this year!.