Netflix has just announced that they’ll be bringing the King of the Monsters to their slate, with an exclusive global premiere following its theatrical release in Japan.
For the adaptation, Toho is working with Japanese studio Polygon Pictures (Knights of Sidonia, BLAME!) with directors Kobun Shizuno (Knights of Sidonia, Detective Conan) working alongside Hiroyuki Seshita (AJIN: Demi-Human, BLAME!). The screenplay is written by acclaimed writer Gen Urobuchi of Psycho-Pass and Madoka Magika fame.
Netflix also revealed the voice-cast that will be bringing the film to life:
- Yuki Kaji (Attack on Titan, AJIN: Demi-Human)
- Takahiro Sakurai (AJIN: Demi-Human, BLAME!)
- Tomokazu Sugita (Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker, Jojo’s Bizarre Adventure)
- Junichi Suwabe (Nodame Cantabile, Prince of Tennis)
- Kana Hanazawa (BLAME!, Psycho-Pass)
- Mamoru Miyano (AJIN: Demi-Human, The Seven Deadly Sins)
Godzilla joins other Netflix original animes including AJIN: Demi-Human, Kuromukuro, Magi: Adventure of Sinbad, Blame!, Gantz: O, Little Witch Academia, Cyborg 009 Call of Justice and Perfect Bones.