The director of Terminator Genisys felt the trailer is too much of a spoiler

Alan Taylor during directing Thor 2
Alan Taylor during filming Thor 2

Even Alan Taylor, director of Terminator Genisys felt the trailer is revealing way too much in his interview with Uproxx recently. Many fans are in uproar with seemingly standard second trailer that revealed the shocking twist – John Connor is the baddie in the movie. According to the director:

Yeah, it’s funny, I certainly directed those scenes with the intention that no one would know.” he muses.

Then he continues, “I know there was kind of a challenging calculus going on in the heads of those who market this thing to decide that this was the right thing to do. I think they felt like they had to send a strong message to a very wary audience that there was something new, that this was going to new territory. They were concerned that people were misperceiving this as kind of a reboot, and none of us wanted to reboot two perfect movies by James Cameron. I think they felt they had to do something game-changing in how the film was being perceived.

The marketing team hopes that the trailer will convince the skeptics, but instead backfired spectacularly. The director concluded it with a laugh, “I had a few heads ups and a few unpleasant conversations where I squawked about this or that.

Now we will see if the movie is being spoiled by the trailer to score well on box office or not.

via Uproxx

You might be interested in

Terminator Genisys trailers are up

 

The Autobots are coming to Penang

The iconic Autobot heroes
The iconic Autobot heroes
The iconic Autobot heroes

Imagine what Optimus Prime and Bumblebee would look like if they ever stepped foot in Penang. Well, imagine no more as the state government of Penang and Hasbro collaborated together to bring these two iconic Autobots to the island in conjunction with Hari Raya Adilfitri/Eid al-Fitri celebrations this year. This is part of the effort to be a center for pop culture in order to boost tourism in the island state. Not to mention, this will be the first time such event ever held  outdoors in Malaysia.

Towering at 10 meters (Optimus) and 6 meters (Bumblebee) respectively, the figures will be displayed at Esplanade (Padang Kota Lama) from 10 July to 17 September 2015. The announcement made a cheek in tongue reference that “the Decepticons will not be setting foot at the Esplanade anytime soon.

During night time, the statues will be illuminated with special effects and lights to give it more character. What’s more, it is free of charge to visit. Visitation hours are from 12 noon to 12 midnight (Monday to Friday) and 9 morning to 12 midnight (Saturday, Sunday and public holidays). The event is brought by the state government of Penang, Penang Island City Council and permission of local licensee i2 Promotions Sdn Bhd and brand owner Hasbro, Inc.

Autobots, roll out!

via Penang State Facebook

You will be interested in

Wanna be a superhero? Join Malaysia’s first ever Justice League run

Naughty Dog is apparently making a sequel to The Last of Us

Joel and Ellie in a bonding moment
Joel and Ellie in a bonding moment

Fans of The Last of Us would have thought the ending is pretty conclusive right?

Well, Nolan North, the voice of Nathan Drake in the Uncharted series said that Naughty Dog is working on the sequel of The Last of Us. During a Q & A session at Metrocon 2015, a fan asked him if he is working with  Naughty Dog for projects besides Uncharted and this is his take:

For now, last one. I know they’re doing a Last of Us 2, but my character in Last of Us met an untimely demise.”

So far neither Sony or Naughty Dog have said anything about a sequel so this is a pretty surprising news. Even the voice actor of Joel, Troy Baker said that he is unaware of any sequel plans during a panel session at Indy PopCon not long ago. Needless to say, there is a degree of confusion going on now. Regardless, fans are just as confused and delighted at the news but we have no idea how Naughty Dog will will handle said sequel.

Only time will tell.

Now for Nolan North’s session.

And of course, Troy Baker.

via All That’s Epic

You might be interested in

Here’s a recap of Sony’s full E3 2015 presentation

Boku dake ga Inai Machi is getting a Winter 2016 anime adaptation

Manga cover vol 2
Manga cover vol 2
Manga cover vol 2

Award winning manga Boku dake ga Inai Machi/僕だけがいない街  or The Town Where Only I am Missing is getting an anime adaptation which is set to air in Japan during Winter 2016. The manga written by Kei Sanbe, began its serialization in seinen magazine Young Ace since June 2012. Five volumes of tankubon mangas is out so far with the sixth is coming soon on 4 July 2015.

The manga was a finalist in the Manga Taisho Award 2015, earning fourth place. In 2014, the manga was also a finalist for same award, very close to clinching the title as the runner-up. The manga was featured in the Kono Manga ga Sugoi! 2015 rankings, earned a 9th place in the category of Male Readers.

The director has been confirmed to be Tomohiko Itou (Gin no Saji) and the scribe will be Kishimoto Taku (Gin no Saji) while production will be by A-1 Pictures (Fate/Zero, Aldnoah Zero). No announcement on the voice acting cast yet at this point.

The official synopsis:

Struggling manga author Satoru Fujinuma is beset by his fear to express himself. However, he has a supernatural ability of being forced to prevent deaths and catastrophes by being sent back in time before the incident occurred, repeating time until the accident is prevented. One day, he gets involved in an accident that has him framed as a murderer. Desperate to save the victim, he sends himself back in time only to find himself as a grade-schooler one month before fellow classmate Kayo Hinadzuki went missing. Satoru now embarks on a new quest: to save Kayo and solve the mystery behind her disappearance.”

The story is dark with a heavy dose of psychological thriller so this is not an anime to be taken lightly by viewers. Definitely more cerebral and heavy than the usual moe-filled summer or spring anime offerings that most people are used to.

via Yaraon

You might be interested in

Rokka no Yuusha has a visual key and trailer now

Heavy Object anime series planned for fall release

Is It Wrong To Try And Pick Up Girls In A Dungeon? anime is confirmed

 

Here’s the first official image from Star Trek Beyond

USSEnterpriseTrek

USSEnterprise

Few months ago, Simon Pegg said the new title for the third Star Trek movie is Star Trek Beyond but it is unconfirmed by the studio at that time. Now it is official, as director Justin Lin confirmed it beyond doubt with his first official image reveal of the film via Twitter:

The photo shows the new Starfleet patch on a jacket. The cool looking patch itself seems like it is made of suede.

The filming is kicking into the high gear after a series of troubling developments like a major rewrite of the script when Paramount felt the original draft was too “Star-Trekky”. Not only that, the original director Roberto Orci (co-writer for the first two Star Trek films) left the project due to “creative differences”. That’s how Fast & Furious director Justin Lin got his chance to direct a Star Trek flick. Co-writer Simon Pegg promises a Trek movie that is back to its original roots – a real sense of adventure. How they are going to achieve this on the other hand is debatable because “too Star-Trekky” for a Star Trek movie doesn’t seem quite right.

To recap, old crew members like Chris Pine, Zachary Quinto, Zoe Saldana, Simon Pegg, Karl Urban, Anton Yelchin and John Cho are back to reprise their roles with newcomers Idris Elba (Pacific Rim, Thor) and Sofia Boatella (the assassin female fatale with gazelle legs in Kingsman: Secret Service).

The movie will warp to the nearest cinema on 8 July 2016.

via Twitter

You might be interested in

Production begins for Star Trek 3

Spock tribute statues appear in Star Trek Online

Star Trek goes fast and furious

Leonard Nimoy passes away at 83

Breaking Bad in Star Trek?

An anime adaptation of Hatsukoi Monster confirmed

l002
Manga cover volume 1

Recently, a scan from ARIA’s August issue let on  that Hatsukoi Monster/初恋モンスター (First Love Monster) is set to be adapted into an anime series.

The shoujo romantic comedy just had a drama CD released on 25 February this year. The seiyuu for the drama CD are Takuhiro Sakurai (Accel World, Absolute Duo) as the male lead Kanade and famous Yui Horie (Aoi Hana, Absolute Duo) as the female lead Nikaido Kaho. It was also recently announced that drama CD cast will reprise their roles in the anime too.

The manga is written by Akita Hiyoshimaru and began its serialization in ARIA in January 2013. Four tankubon volumes are out so far and it is pretty popular with the young female readers, with volume 2 ranked 34th in the first of Oricon Weekly Manga Rankings.

The official synopsis:

Nikaidou Kaho is a daughter of a rich family and her whole life everyone’s been nice to her. When moving to her new high school dormitory, she almost gets hit by a truck but is saved by a boy. It’s love at first sight for Kaho but when asking him his name, he tells her she’s weird. Kaho is shocked since it’s the first time anyone’s ever said mean things to her. Soon enough, she finds out that the boy who saved her lives in the same dormitory and so she bravely confesses her love. The boy says his name is Kanade and agrees to go out with her. Unfortunately, the following day Kaho finds out that her first boyfriend is a 5th grader.

For some idea, the 5th Grade in Japan means 10-11 years old. However, we do not know when it will be out or who will be the staff on its production just yet.

Source: Yaraon

You might be interested

Makura no Danshi is set to be napping beside you this July

Akagami no Shirayuki Hime is set to air in July

Studio Madhouse is producing Ore Monogatari!! anime

Square Enix is set to unleash Figureheads soon

figureheads_cover2

Figureheads

Square Enix Japan has announced a new PC game called Figureheads, a 5 vs 5 mecha action game. It is a F2P (Free-To-Play) mecha actioner that actually combines real-time strategy (RTS) and third-person shooter (TPS) elements. Player will control one mecha, known as 2Foot while commanding three more mechas in his/her own team. Some gamers might feel this game is a bit similar to Sega’s Border Break (2009).

In a sense it does look a bit like Titanfall but boasts a flavour all its own.

The game supports up to 5 vs 5 setup, so that means a maximum of 40 mechas can duke it out in the virtual battlefield at one time. The game might sounds simple but considering that the player to has manage three more machines while piloting his/her own mecha is a daunting task.

Figureheads3

According to the developer, there are two ways to win a fight here: complete destruction of enemy or capturing their base. There are three classes of 2Foot here, Lightweight (Sniper, Engineer), Middleweight (Assault, Support) and Heavyweight (Striker, Heavy Assault). As the name suggests, the Lightweight is the most nimble and fast but fragile whereas the Heavyweight able to deliver massive firepower and tough to kill but slow in movement. As usual, the parts for the mecha are highly customize-able. Not forgetting this, the game will be based on micro-transactions and freemium model to sustain itself.

The game will began its testing on 8 July 2015 in Japan only.

via Forbes

You might be interested in

Amazon Japan is listing a real life mecha for sale

Shoji Kawamori will be making an appearance at VAX 2015

Magic Duels : Origins to focus on Planeswalkers, will be launching in July

MTG origins 1

Heads up Magic the Gathering fans, a brand new game is headed your way and its called Magic Duels : Origins. The game was debuted at E3 this year, giving players and fans alike a look at a game that’s not just focused on one-on-one card battles but is mostly aimed at bringing in new players with an easy to digest form that doesn’t take away from the overall experience of Magic.

Origins is set to debut on Steam for PC, XBOX ONE and iOS platform come July. Oh and did we mention the game is absolutely free?

Magic the Gathering (MTG) is well known for being a strategy based card game that has been around for a good many years, and has made its way onto the digital platform on more than one occasion. For the last few years the company has been producing games every year with limited success and after getting feedback from fans, have put this feedback to good use for Origins.

People who have played Magic 2015 before would find themselves a very familiar interface with some minor changes, that mostly streamlines gameplay.

MTG origins 2

For starters, they have totally done away with the purchase system that was a large part of Magic 2015, which involved a fair bit of real cash and replaced it with a system where almost everything can be bought with earned gold. You can still pay cash to get more gold or to purchase additional extras but these don’t impact gameplay much,  so as to not give cash spenders an unfair advantage over the rest.

The game also seeks to keep things interesting for players by way of  daily quests to earn more gold, so you won’t really be getting bored any time soon while earning the moolah to get boosters.

Also, Origins will feature a much more intuitive guided deckbuilding system for those starting out (or are just plain feeling lazy) as well as more traditional card-by-card deckbuilding for more seasoned players. This is great considering it can take ages to put a deck together and those looking to just jump straight in will benefit most from this.

The four player Two-Headed Giant mode has made a return as well, allowing players to battle with friends over LAN and online with randomly selected team mates or opponents. The game won’t be having any social media integration so nobody is going to be able send you game requests and invites for gold! However the option to play with your buddies on Steam is available for the PC version but sadly the game will not be supporting cross-platform integration.

MTG origins 3

To top it off, this will be the first game that features playable Planeswalkers and will put a lot of emphasis on their stories with the Story Mode which is a great way to get acquainted with the lore behind some of the most powerful characters in the franchise. Personally we are looking forward a lot to this bit because we not only get a peek at their origin stories but find out more about the five core Planeswalkers being focused on in Origins, namely Gideon, Jace, Lilliana, Chandra and Nissa each representing their colours.

Origins is set to update with new packs and cards when new sets come out to keep the game up to date with the current Standard cards.

No word yet on whether or not Android users will get to play Magic Duels : Origins but the game will become available for the PlayStation 4 in August.

Check out the trailer below to get a taste of the action:

Does the Queen of Dragons know something about Jon Snow?

GoTDragonQueen

Did the Queen of Dragons hint something about the fate of Jon Snow?

Recently, during an interview, Emilia Clarke (Terminator: Genisys) offered a interesting tidbit when the interview came to the final fate of Lord Commander of the Night’s Watch. In her interview with MTV News, she admitted that she knew nothing about Jon’s fate because the showrunners, David Benioff and Dan Weiss said nothing about it to her. According to her, this gives her plausible deniability since they knew she is bad at lying, “I can, with all honesty, say I have no idea what’s happening, I have no idea what’s going to happen.”

When she is pressed further on the matter, she did said this, “I mean, there’s some helpful people there who could bring him back to life.

Speculations are running amok, centering on the theory that the Red Priestess Melisandre could be the key to bring Jon Snow back to life. Melisandre was last seen abandoning the ill fated Stannis expedition in the North and arrived at the Castle Black. Now we are not sure if the actress is being honest or just adding her own take on the theory though. She even jokes that if the Lord Commander is truly dead, it will be easier for the Queen of Dragons to claim the Iron Throne.

The showrunners, the actor himself and director David Nutter who did the final episode of Season 5 insist that Jon Snow is completely dead and Kit Harrington is not on the panel at this year’s Comic-Con. Some fans are insisting that the actor’s absence from Comic-Con is HBO’s attempt to shield the actor from a barrage of questions regarding about his character’s final fate.

Guess we know nothing until Season Six.

via MTV News

You might be interested in

Here’s a new rumour about Game of Thrones Season 6

The filming for Suicide Squad is pretty intense

Would the Suicide Squad be ready for Marvel fatigue
Would the Suicide Squad be ready for Marvel fatigue

David Ayer (Fury) is well known for insisting on realism in his movies. So much so that it is reported that he actually hired a shrink/therapist to make sure the cast of Suicide Squad did not go “too deep” into their twisted characters/alter-egos. Adam Beach who plays as Slipknot commented about this:

David Ayer is about realism. So if your character is tormented, he wants you to torment yourself. He wants the real thing.We kind of have like a therapist on board if you fall off the wagon and really are villainous. There’s a friend of [Ayer’s] that’s very unique in making sure we have our ground.

suicide-squad-2016-task-force-x-movie-characters2

Not only that, reports are surfacing that Jared Leto ( The Joker) is terrorizing everyone on the set with his infamous method acting. Apparently he sent a live rat as a present to Margot Robbie (Harley Quinn) while Will Smith (Deadshot) got a letter filled with bullets. Not stopping there, the actor sent a video meant for the entire cast and it is a video of a dead hog with him inside prancing around as The Joker in character. According to Adam Beach again:

Basically, what he said was, ‘Guys, I can’t be there but I want you to know I’m doing my work as hard as you guys. The video he showed is in character. It blew our minds away. Then we realized that day, this is real.

Now, we will see how “dark” the movie is when it is out next year’s August.

via E! Online

You might be interested in

New images of Deadshot and Task Force X from Suicide Squad

Tom Hardy drops out from the Suicide Squad

Suicide Squad movie cast confirmed

New rumours emerge of Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice