Sega’s upcoming Sonic Forces game will finally give Sonic fans the ability to make and play using their own custom hero characters.
A custom hero is one of the three playable characters in the game, alongside Classic and Modern Sonic. Like many games with character customization options, you can choose your facial features, outfits, fur colour and depending on the character’s class, has their own unique abilities. They’ll be able to choose from Wolf, Rabbit, Cat, Dog, Bear, Bird and of course, Hedgehog.
Here’s their abilities:
- Wolf – Automatically draws in rings when near them
- Rabbit – Has longer invincible time after receiving damage
- Cat – Keeps one ring after being hit
- Dog – Restarts with five rings after the player dies
- Bear – Blows away enemies with a homing attack
- Bird – Flies high with double jump abilities
- Hedgehog – Collects rings when getting damaged
Given how huge the Sonic fandom is, the fact that people will actually be able to play using characters of their own making will be a massive draw for fans.
Sonic Forces is set to hit the Nintendo Switch, Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC come the 2017 holiday season.