Sony’s much-awaited 4K capable PlayStation is finally here, it not only has better specs under the hood, it’s coming out this November.
Formerly codenamed Neo, the updated console has better graphics, a faster processor and of course support for 4K resolution. But the “new” console isn’t replacing the original PS4, instead it will be sold alongside it, with new games being playable on both the original and on the Pro.
Aside from being able to output 4K and HDR video, the new device comes with 1TB storage and a boosted clock rate for improved graphics. This will allow the console to pretty up titles that were released prior for the original PS4, but there will be some new titles that will be taking advantage of the new hardware. It will also bump up your PlayStation VR experience too, with better framerates.
The controller also has gotten a tiny upgrade, with the touchpad now displaying a light strip that’s visible from the front.
Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare and Modern Warfare: Remastered will get the better graphical treatment out of the box, with Battlefield 1 and FIFA 16, Mass Effect: Andromeda to get support later down the line.
Netflix and Youtube are apparently working for new apps just for the console too.
The PlayStation 4 Pro will hit the shelves 10 November for USD$399, though local pricing and availability yet to be confirmed.
The prices for the PlayStation 4 Pro (1TB) in the South East Asian region is as follows:
Malaysia : RM1,799
The full specs for the console are below:
- Main processor: Custom-chip single Processor
- CPU: x86-64 AMD “Jaguar,” 8 cores
- GPU: 4.20 TFLOPS, AMD Radeon™ based graphics engine
- Memory: GDDR5 8GB
- Storage size: 1TB
- External dimensions: Approx. 295×55×327 mm (width × height × length) (excludes largest projection)
- Mass: Approx. 3.3 kg
- BD/DVD Drive: BD × 6 CAV, DVD × 8 CAV
- Input/Output: Super-Speed USB (USB 3.1 Gen.1) port × 3, AUX port × 1
- Networking: Ethernet (10BASE-T, 100BASE-TX, 1000BASE-T)×1, IEEE 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, Bluetooth® 4.0 (LE)
- Power: AC 100V, 50/60Hz
- Power consumption: Max. 310W
- Operating temp: 5ºC – 35ºC
- AV Output: HDMI out port (supports 4K/HDR) DIGITAL OUT (OPTICAL) port