Those attending this year’s Eiga Sai Japanese Film Festival in the Philipines will get to enjoy a whole bunch of films with Filipino dubs. in partnership with the Tagalized Movie Channel (TMC).
The three films to be screened are Sadako vs. Kayako, If Cats Disappeared From the World (Sekai kara Neko ga Kieta Nara) and Bakuman.
On top of that, the festival will be the Philipine premiere of two live-action Chihayafuru films, The Anthem of the Heart anime film, the live-action Bakuman movie as well as Sadako vs. Kayako. The festival will also be hosting a screening of This Corner of the World, complete with a special talk on 1 July. The Poolside Man and Her Love Boils Bathwater will also receive talks from their respective directors, Hirobumi Watanabe and Ryota Nakano.
The festival starts 1 July and will end 29 August, to screen in Manila, Baguio, Davao, Cebu and Iloilo. This time around, however, the film fest will only have paid screenings at Manila’s Shang Cineplex Cinema 2, except for select screenings. The Cultural Center of the Philippines, University of the Philippines Film Institute, and the Film Development Council of the Philippines will host free screenings only.
Here’s more of what you’ll catch at the festival, all to be shown with English subs:
- Poolside Man
- Tsukiji Wonderland
- Reflections (Asia Sanmenkyō 2016: Reflections)
- The Magnificent Nine (Tono, Risoku de Gosaru!)
- Her Love Boils Bathwater (Yu o Wakasu Hodo Atsui Ai)
- The Sting of Death (Shi no Ibara)
- Memories of You (Love Story o Kimi ni)
- If Cats Disappeared From the World (Sekai kara Neko ga Kieta Nara)
- What a Wonderful Family! (Kazoku wa Tsurai yo)
- Creepy (Creepy – Itsuwari no Rinjin)
- Sweet Bean (An)
- The Mohican Comes Home (Mohican Kokyō ni Kaeru)
- The Long Excuse (Nagai Iiwake)
The Eiga Sai Japanese Film Festival is held every year by The Japan Foundation to celebrate the Philippines-Japan Friendship Month in July.