With Pokemon’s 20th anniversary happening this year, The Pokemon Company is giving back to the community with a year of legendaries for their fans.
Starting 1 February, players can download one rare legendary Pokemon a month for any of the Pokemon games on the Nintendo 3DS, with the first up being the original legendary, Mew. The Pokemon in question are available for Pokemon Omega Ruby, Alpha Sapphire, X and Y and will be at level 100.
Here’s the list of legendary beasties that are being released:
- Celebi: March 1 – 24 (Nintendo Network)
- Jirachi: April 1 – 24 (Nintendo Network)
- Darkrai: May 1 – 24 (GameStop)
- Manaphy: June 1 – 24 (Nintendo Network)
- Shaymin: July 1 – 24 (Nintendo Network)
- Arceus: August 1 – 24 (GameStop)
- Victini: September 1 – 24 (Nintendo Network)
- Keldeo: October 1 – 24 (Nintendo Network)
- Genesect: November 1 – 24 (GameStop)
- Meloetta: December 1 – 24 (Nintendo Network)
For those with access to GameStop, you can pick up the legendaries in-store from 1 Feb to 24 Feb.
Among the other Pokemon related things that are happening for the anniversary are the release of the original Pokemon Game Boy games on the 3DS, a special New Nintendo 3DS console and maybe the launch of Pokemon GO? we don’t entirely know but it would be awesome if they did.