Nothing beats a well, crispy fried chicken. Actually, hold that thought, what can beat it is being surrounded by a wide array of fried chicken. That’s what’s happening this November in Ara Damansara, Malaysia where the country’s first fried chicken festival will be held.
Organised by Friedchillies.com, the two-day event is called Ayam Lejen (gedit, gedit?), and is being held from 18 to 19 November at the Ara Damansara LRT station.
The event will feature what Friedchillies.com have judged as the best eight fried chickens in the Klang Valley. According to the food site, they’ve spent the last few months testing and trying a majority of the fried chicken joints in the Klang Valley and the eight that will be presented at the festival are the best of the best.
So who are the so-called best eight fried chicken in the Klang Valley (that we’ll be seeing in the festival) according to Friedchillies.com?
Here they are in no particular order:
1. Gerai Ah Kow, Near Hospital KL (Chicken Rice)
2. Broasted Chicken King, Keramat (Middle East)
3. Nasi Lemak Khora Khora a.k.a. Wak Kentut, Johor (Nasi Lemak)
4. Killer Gourmet Burgers (KGB), Bangsar (Tex Mex)
5. Nomms, Subang Jaya (Freestyle)
6. Nasi Kandar Zainul, PJ State (Nasi Kandar)
7. Sweetree, Ampang (Korean)
8. MyBurgerLab, Seapark (Gourmet Burger)
So how can you take part in this fried fowl festival? It’s not free that’s for sure. The festival is broken down into two sessions per day with each session being able to fit in 500 festival goers.
Tickets start at RM48 and RM58 if you book online but it will cost RM68 if you purchase the tickets at the door. Tickets are available at Peatix and you can purchase them HERE.
So will you be having some LEJEN-DARY fried chicken this November?